Join us for a day trip to Aberdare National Park. You have a short stay in Nairobi and would like to experience the wildlife, this tour is for you. Game animals easily seen in the park during game viewing include; African Elephant, black rhino, leopard, spotted hyena, olive baboon, black and white colobus monkey, sykes monkey, cape buffalo, warthog, common zebra (North Aberdare), bushbuck, reedbuck. Rare sightings include those of Giant Forest hog, bongo, golden cat, serval cat, African wild cat, African civet cat, blue duiker.
ABERDARE FULL DAY TOUR
Aberdare Tour Summary:
6:00 am: Pick up at your City Hotel or at Our Meeting Point at the City Center.
6:30 am: Depart for the Aberdare National Park located east of the Rift Valley.
9:00 am: Begin your game viewing drive in the forested ravines.
1:00 pm: Enjoy sumptuous lunch at a park hotel.
2:30 pm: Head out with a game viewing drive.
4:00 pm: Leave the Park and drive back to the City.
6:30 pm: Drop of at the City Center or City Hotel.
Estimated Tour Time: 12 hours.
Departure Location: City Center or City Hotel
We begin our tour by driving to the Aberdare Mountain Range in central Kenya – located east of the East African Rift Valley. Experience a comprehensive game viewing drive through the forested park. Lunch will be served at a hotel inside the park with great views and a water hole where animals come to you. Either Treetops Lodge or The Ark Hotel. Drive back to the city with stopovers to take photos of the farms, views and shopping.
Aberdare National Park Attractions
- Game animals easily seen in the park during game viewing include; African Elephant, black rhino, leopard, spotted hyena, olive baboon, black and white colobus monkey, sykes monkey, cape buffalo, warthog, common zebra (North Aberdare), bushbuck, reedbuck. Rare sightings include those of Giant Forest hog, bongo, golden cat, serval cat, African wild cat, African civet cat, blue duiker.
- Very beautiful sceneries of Aberdare include magnificent waterfalls with the main ones being Karuru waterfalls which fall in three steps, 1st step 117M, 2nd step 26M and 3rd 130M, making a total of 273M, Chania waterfalls and may other smaller ones.
- Adding to the beauty of Aberdare are many ridges and river valleys which attract mountain scenery photographers.
- Bird viewing is rewarding with about 290 recorded bird species, including the Aberdare Cisticola that is critically endangered and the Jackson’s francolin, which is regionally endemic, sparry hawk, goshawks, eagles, sunbirds and plovers
Safari cost per person
|No. of Pax||1||2||3||4||5||6|
Rates valid all year round
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Pickup and drop-off to the City Center or Nairobi hotel/ residence.
- Lunch & 1 Soft Drink
- Park Entrance Fees.
- Bottled water in the Van.
- Extra Meals & Drinks.
- Other Activities.
- Overnight Stay.
- Chania Falls Tour.
- Carnivore Dinner.